Sunday, June 24, 2007

South Carolina

This past weekend was spent having quite the time, and ending up being extremely exhausted by the end of it. South Carolina was fun, as it always is, hanging out with the Murphy's, and various other friends that I've come to know over the past few years of heading down there and camp. All in all, good times. I did realize, however, that mixing nothing but sugar foods, little to no sleep, and headaches results in one not-happy camper. We'll have to change the diet next weekend.

I have to say that Mandi did exceptionally well today at her first soccer game in probably about 8 years. She ran hard, caused problems for their full-backs, and helped lead to 2 of our goals. I ended up having to play keeper, which was ridiculous in itself, but ended up pulling out the shut-out. Someone our captain figured that my frisbee skills would be useful in goal. How about that, huh? Luckily the other team didn't have too many shots, and a couple of the ones that I would have had problems with got blocked before they even got to me. Still though, not bad, although I wasn't able to help out Mandi on the field and kinda coach her along. She did well, though, so it didn't matter all that much.

Oh, and I heard the quote of the day today from my brother. Maybe even the week, month and year. I just called him up to see how things were going since he's coming home tomorrow, and I was telling him about the weekend. Here's about how it went.

Dustin: "You were in South Carolina for the weekend?"
Me: "Yeah, I went down for a wedding."
Dustin: "So, Paul got married??"
Me: "...stunned silence...HA!!!! No."

A new song's in the player. Enjoy it.

No comments: