Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Now Comes The Night

Well, I had been wanting to try and find a way to put up some of the music files for the songs that I reference as I go through this blogging thing. Today, since I was utterly bored at work for most of the morning, I went googling for help. I came across ways to do it, and lo and behold, I've got a way to play the songs that I've been talking about at random times throughout the past almost 9 months I guess. Maybe one of these days I can figure out how to get the playlist version to work, but for now I'll change out the song every couple of days. I'm kinda slow at this whole HTML coding thing. All the help places made it sound so easy...and yet, it's been difficult. Me and programming just don't go together to well.

It has been an incredibly busy 4, now 5 days. Friday was spent first of all trying to track down the ever-elusive Paul Murphy. We had rumor that he was in Nashville, perhaps staying with either Mandi's brother, or some other unknown entity. We also had a phone number that he had at one point called another friend with. The problem with this number is that when one tried to call it, the line went directly to voice mail. And not so that you could leave a voicemail, but needing a password to check your voice mail. Eventually, Mandi and I find out that he is actually staying with her brother, and so we pack up to head for Nashville. Luckily for us, there was frisbee to be played and we met up with some good friends in the Jordan brothers and Kevin Burr. Frisbee was played, and good times were had. We came back home late Friday night.

Saturday came early, and Mandi and I enlisted Paul to help us do some set-up work for our upcoming VBS. We drew quite an exceptional lion for our Daniel and the Lion's Den bible story for tomorrow night, and then proceeded to cut pictures for one of the largest mural's I've ever seen printed. Hopefully I can get a pic soon and throw it up here. We then went to SC to get Paul to camp for the week. I have to say, that after being out there for just a couple hours and seeing everyone, I was quite jealous, as was Mandi, that they were about to start camp and that we couldn't stick around and have some fun as well. Oh well...maybe next year?

Sunday began VBS, and so we've spent the past few days playing around with 2nd and 3rd graders and getting them back and forth between classes and crafts and games and such. It can certainly be trying at times, but it is fun, and for the most part our group has been incredibly well behaved. What more can you want from 2nd graders?

And just as an update regarding my thesis, the paper is moving along nicely. I'm in the early stages of my second revision, and will certainly have more to talk about the next couple days before all my mentors head out for Turkey. I'll be meeting with them for any last things that need to be discussed, and then it's essentially me working on the presentation aspect once I get the particulars of the paper fixed up. We're flying up on the end of all this school stuff. It's really pretty crazy thinking about how 2 years ago I had just finished at Harding, and was in the process of getting started here at UT, finding an apartment, getting ready to start off more on my own than I had at any other point. It seems like it wasn't all that long ago...At any rate, the night has come. Actually, it came long ago.

No comments: