Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Beginning of the End

I've noticed that it's been a while since I've written anything of note in here. The past couple weeks have been crazy hectic, but it's been good. Thanksgiving week was awesome, with Mandi being back at home for most of the week, my brother coming in for the last half of the week, and getting to hang out with the family and have one really excellent meal on Thursday. We also got up some Christmas lights and bought ourselves our tree for the year. It was kinda strange doing it so early, but it worked out nicely. My brother and I also re-ignited our yearly battle of Blitz on the Nintendo 64 with our younger cousins who are aged 15 and 12. And who thought anyone still played that system, huh? My brother and I hold a 2 games to 1 lead over them going in to the Christmas season. We'll have to wait and see who comes out on top in our best of 7 series. With an average scoring rate of 65 ppg for both of our teams, it's certainly not down to any defensive play...although my brother and I did manage a goal line stop when they started on the 8 yard line (those of you familiar with Blitz know that 8 yards is nothing).

THE END IS COMING!!!! Ok, not really, but Armageddon is in fact coming this weekend. I shall be traveling to Nashville, meeting up with Whit and possibly Jonathan Lindsey, and heading for Searcy, AR with about 10 guys that I don't know. This will be my first tournament not playing with the Harding Apocalypse, but it should be fun as I will be on a team with the aforementioned Whit and Luke Dockery. I'm looking forward to it. We'll also be busting out the Fighting Cracker jerseys of yore. It's been a while, but it'll be fun to put those things on for a day of ultimate. The forecast for the weekend? Highs maybe reaching 45 and and winds forecast for 30 mph. Sounds like the usual frisbee weather.

The school semester is quickly coming to a close. There is 1 week of classes left, with finals coming up over the following week. It's been a disappointing semester to say the least. I don't feel like I've learned anything in either of my classes for the entirety of the semester. I'm not sure whether that's due to my lack of effort, or the teachers inability to get ideas across, but I figure that when I'm unable to do a single homework problem after attending every class and reading relevant chapters, then something is missing in terms of the whole learning experience. At least it will be over soon. The bright side was that I have started a research project, so that will help in moving forward. Also, this time next week, I will have turned in my LAST homework assignment for quite a while (at least to my knowledge). That doesn't include the thesis paper and everything, but I won't have weekly assignments to worry about anymore. It's a nice feeling, really.

There you have it. The beginning of the end. Over the course of the next month thoughts of the past year will surface frequently, new beginnings will be looked for, New Year's Resolutions will become part of everyone's vocabulary (at least for a week), and it will feel like a clean slate for the coming year. Things just go by so quickly. And now a surefire sign that Christmas is coming quickly - Charlie Brown's Christmas is showing on TV. Gotta love it.

No comments: