Thursday, September 13, 2007

Play It Safe

I have good news on the job hunt front. The other day, a church friend that works at UT sent me an email about a research group that works on things related to soil erosion with world-wide implementation of ideas that they have formulated. They're currently looking for someone, and so he gave them my name. I talked with a member of the group briefly today, and they are wanting to interview me on Monday. So...if everything goes well, I might have myself a job in the next few days. It looks like fairly interesting work, I'd be in a research group, and be doing something that's being used everywhere in the world. We'll just have to see how it goes, but it's looking promising at the moment. No sense getting ahead of ourselves though...

I feel I have been remiss, being an avid soccer fan, to have not made any mention of the FIFA Women's World Cup that is currently going on in China. The best women's teams from around the world are competing in their soccer championships. Action picks up again tomorrow morning. While we're on the soccer theme, this past week saw the return to action of the national teams as Euro 2008 qualifying began again in earnest. England impressed, posting back-to-back 3-0 wins to revive their chances for qualifying, while France was stunned by Scotland at home. Most of the other results went according to plan. In addition, the US played Brazil in a friendly, with the final score being 4-2 to Brazil, and starting next week, the UEFA Champions League picks back up for the 07/08 edition. All sorts of exciting stuff.

Seeing as how I've not really got anything else to say, I'll call it quits.

No comments: