Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Long Time Gone

It's once again been quite a while since I've done any type of update on here. It's been an interesting couple weeks. I had an interview last Monday for a job here in Knoxville. I feel like it went well, but it will be at least another week before they are able to officially hire anyone, due to restrictions and EEO requirements forcing them to leave job openings open for at least a week. So, if they decide to hire me, I won't know about it for at least another week, if not 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, I guess it's more applications and searching until I hear one way or the other.

I also got to spend the weekend playing some ultimate with most of the guys from Harding that I played with for a couple years. It was fun, tiring and hot, but all in all good times. It was great to see guys like Luke and Will Dockery, Rufio, Brett, Jordan, Whit and others that I hadn't seen since about the same time last year for the most part. We ended up getting 4th place in the tournament, which wasn't bad, although we did pretty much fall apart in the last game that we lost, going from leading 7-3 to losing 15-12 I believe. The only things missing were the Murphy boys and J. Bland. One of these days we'll have to try and put together a "Master's" team of some sort and get everyone together and play a tournament. I don't know if that would ever be possible, but it would certainly be fun. And I would be remiss if I didn't give mention to the Park Avenue CoC who allowed about 35 odd players to stay at their building and use their facilities, in addition to preparing all of us dinner on Saturday evening. Their kindness and hospitality were greatly appreciated.

My parents are leaving on Thursday morning for Japan. Dad will be gone for 3 weeks, and mom will come home a week and a half later. They will be touring through different parts of Japan, and then spending about a week at my Grandmom's place in Tokyo. It should be a good trip for them, and if you could pray for their safety it would be much appreciated. At the rate that they're going, next year they'll both be gone for a month, and then who knows how long after that. So I'll have the house to myself for 3 weeks and have to take care of everything around here. Should be fun stuff.

I've been trying to think of a favorite moment from this past weekend relating to the frisbee, and I'm having a hard time of it. Outside of playing again with guys like Luke, Will and Kevin Chastine, there isn't really any stand-out moment. I guess my best personal moment was after dropping a pass that led to a score for the other team, I came out the next point, caught 4 tough passes, and made the scoring touchdown pass all while completely owning my man on offense. I guess that running over the past few weeks paid off after all.

2 comments:

Luke Dockery said...

It was good to play with you again Sambo.

Justin and Heather Bland said...

Huge congrats Sam! I am so excited for you that you were able to go to Memphis... man, wish I was there, soon my friend, soon. I am glad you were able to keep up with you running and feel confident about it. miss hangin out with you! Be Strong and Courageous