Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm Dreaming of...South Carolina

This afternoon Mandi and I will be heading to South Carolina to see Josh and Amber for the weekend. It should be some good times. It'll be nice hanging out with them, Josh will have just finished all his finals, and Mandi will have a long weekend, so we'll just get everyone re-energized before the holidays arrive late next week. In addition, by the time we're back home, my brother will be home for Christmas break as well, so we'll hopefully be getting some good volleyball action going at church as well.

It would appear that some of my wishing for colder weather might be happening, as they are predicting some snow and such in the mountains this weekend. I don't really have hopes that are all that high, as this happens all the time, with predictions of snow, people freaking out, and then it turning in to a nice summer's day, but it does seem as if it will cool down a little. It's going to have to do so pretty quickly as a number of us are wanting to get a ski trip for sometime in January, and well...with pictures that they had from the mountains around us, the hills are nice and green, which the last time I checked, wasn't very conducive to skiing. But then again, it is Ober, and you can't really base your idea of good ski conditions on them...

As we just had our monthly "guys night" the other day, I got to thinking about the movies that we'd seen over the past year. Since that's about all that most of them are interested in doing, we just go out and eat, and then go see some "manly" movie that's out playing. The ones that I can remember off the top of my head are: Hitman, The Bourne Ultimatum, American Gangster, The Kingdom, and 3:10 To Yuma. All of them, with the exception of Hitman, were fairly good, although I didn't really care for American Gangster all that much either, although that fact that it's based on a true story is interesting. I'm kinda hoping that they'll get to a point where they might want to do something instead of just watch a movie, but the last time I suggested that it was almost like nobody heard the suggestion and just kept on deciding which movie we'd go see when nobody really wanted to see any of them in particular. Oh well. At any rate, it's time to get packing; South Carolina is beckoning.

No comments: