Monday, December 17, 2007

The Big 100

After a little more than a year, this becomes the 100th post on this little blog of mine. Kinda crazy, thinking that I had enough things to write about that it would take up this many posts. In celebration, see one of the craziest light shows that I've seen (set to music no less) in the Christmas spirit.

The past few days have been exciting, and tiring. Mandi and I went to Charleston to hang out with Josh and Amber for a few days. It was 75 and sunny on Friday, so we went for the beach, and Fort Maultrie to hang out, take pictures, and generally just enjoy the afternoon. Then we went to Sweatman's BBQ, which I highly recommend for anyone that might be in South Carolina. It's only open on Friday and Saturday's, it has no phone, no reservations, and you essentially are eating right in front of the smokehouse where they are bringing in the meat. It was fantastic, and we all stuffed ourselves on their buffet. It was really quite amazing. Saturday we went downtown in the morning, walked around the market, and ate some lunch, before coming back and heading for home. Again, the weather on the drive home was horrendous, as there was constant rain, and the roads were terrible in that you couldn't even see the lines.

One incident of particular note was the high speed chase that went right past my car. Driving westbound (this is important) as I reached Sevierville, TN, I looked over into the eastbound lanes and saw about 4 cops with their lights flashing flying down the road. I figured that something had happened close by, and turned to look back up the road only to see headlights coming at my car from the shoulder. It turns out that some idiot, fleeing the scene of a wreck, decided to go down the westbound interstate going east at about 100 miles an hour on the shoulder for the most part. He eventually ended up crashing about 5 miles down the road from where he flew past me, with only minor injuries being reported. Truly, we were being watched over.

Today was a good day. Lunch with the grandparents, which is always fun, followed by candy making with Mandi, and then having to put together a devo for the youth group, our group, and a number of adults for tonight. I was informed that I was doing this devo this morning during church, so I was kinda stressed on getting it ready. I talked about the importance of communication...I'll possibly post some thoughts on this later. It ended up going well though. After that, we just came home and relaxed. It's been a crazy few days. Enjoy the lights.

No comments: