Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Exhibition

It's been quite the week. Starting tomorrow I gain full control of the instrument used in the lab for taking measurements of superconductors. The next three weeks the room and machine is all mine to use to take as many measurements of samples that I possibly want to. It'll be nice, cause that way I'll be able to start writing my paper and moving towards getting everything finished up. Nice.

I'm surprised to say that none of the answers that were given for the last riddle are actually correct, although I did laugh quite hard at Philip's answer, cause I guess it could be right in some sense. But still no correct answer. I'll leave it alone for another few days. Another new one for today, quite interesting. It's a bit of reading, but a good one. A Poem of Biblical Proportions:

Adam, God made out of dust
But thought it best to make me first,
So I was made before man
To answer God's most Holy plan.
A living being I became
And Adam gave to me my name.
I from his presence then withdrew
And more of Adam never knew.
I did my Maker's law obey
Nor ever went from it astray.
Thousands of miles I go in fear
But seldom on earth appear.
For purpose wise God did see,
He put a living soul in me.
A soul from me God did claim
And took from me the soul again.
So when from me the soul had fled
I was the same as when first made.
And without hands, or feet, or soul,
I travel on from pole to pole.
I labor hard by day, by night
To fallen man I give great light.
Thousands of people, young and old
Will by my death great light behold.
No right or wrong can I conceive
The scripture I cannot believe.
Although my name therein is found
They are to me an empty sound.
No feat of death doth trouble me
Real happiness I'll never see.
To Heaven I shall never go
Or to Hell below.
Now when these lines you slowly read,
Go search your Bible with all speed
For that my name is written there
I do honestly to you declare.

We've also had a couple of scrimmages for the middle school team that I coach. We played on Monday against the Oak Ridge middle schools and their team, and kinda got owned. It was impressive, because in all my years playing in Oak Ridge, there was never a tall person on any of our teams. This middle school team had 5 or 6 players that were fairly close to my height. Kinda scary since they are only in 7th or 8th grade. Our team started brightly, and even scored the first goal, but then they just kinda gave up on stuff and got run over. The main problem is that they don't seem to get the idea of man marking. Myself and the other coaches spent the entire scrimmage yelling at people to mark up and they couldn't seem to get the idea of getting on a man and staying with them. I don't know how to impress that idea on them any better. We even pulled the entire defensive back four and told them that they needed to figure it out, sent them back in 10 mins later, and they still couldn't do it. Hopefully tomorrow's scrimmage will go better. We'll just have to wait and see.

I guess I don't particularly have any good stories at the moment. I should have some better ones after the weekend that will be spent in SC in Charleston. I'm looking forward to it. Speaking of which, I need to give Josh a call back...

1 comment:

Paul Murphy said...

The answer to the riddle is James Brown. He will always live in our hearts forever. And he is a sellout so I don't think he had a soul anymore.