Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ninja Warrior

So I had the tv on today while I was doing some work, and would you believe that I ran across a program on G4 called Ninja Warrior. Now, the premise is simple. Take 100 men, put up 4 separate obstacle courses that challenge strength and agility, have a really excitable Japanese commentator, and let the games begin. I have to say, this is the first time that I've ever seen it, but it seemed pretty humorous. Kind of a less campy version of MXC, which is one of the classic game-shows, but probably just as amusing. Basically what they try and do is get through a series of traps and physical agility programs in order to become the next Ninja Warrior. The commentator at the start said that only 1 person had ever made it through all the traps.

As an example, the first series of traps for everyone to attempt involved: 1) running across diagonally spaced tilted blocks, 2) running up an inclined narrow log, 3) jumping to a ring that is hung across a sliding metal bar and hanging on and swinging to the next safe point, 4) running across a series of planks set diagonally opposite each other on a narrow pivot point, 5) jumping off a trampoline onto a rope net and climbing across without touching the pool of water underneath, 6) running up a ramp that comes over the top of itself, kind of like a C with a hook across the top of the C, and finally 7) climbing a rope on a wall that is approximately 20 feet high. And that's just the part to weed out the weaklings. According to the website, of the 1400 people to have attempted, only 200 have made it to the second stage. Tuesday's at Midnight on G4 tv. If you're a fan of MXC, I can pretty much guarantee you'll like this one. I guess I found it interesting because I am a ninja at heart (most people just don't know that about me though), and it's always funny to listen to overly-excited Japanese comm1.6entator people screaming things such as "Go Curry-Man! We like our curry anyway you serve it!" (said to a contestant that is a chef for his real job). At least, it was something like that, and certainly funnier when you hear it while watching some guy in a chef's apron running through all the obstacles. I guess my relatives over there in Japan really are quite funny a lot of the time.

On to the game of the day. Here they are:

26) 1.6 K in a M
27) 4 W of a C
28) 191 U N M S
29) 2 D in a W
30) 168 H in a W

2 comments:

Josh M said...

that really is a fun show--i saw it once. those dudes really work for their prizes.

Amber said...

Josh stole my comment.