Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The End Is Near

As I stated yesterday, I thought that I might just throw together a few of the cd's that I thought turned out to be quite decent offerings. Now, these aren't necessarily the ones that only came out this year, but they are the ones that I found this year and have come to appreciate. They are not in any particular order, although if I do have a strong preference for a particular one, I will star it. So here we go:

Album /Artist /Genre / Favorite Track Title

1) Beauty in the Broken / Starfield / Contemporary Christian / Shipwreck
2) Beyond Measure* / Jeremy Camp / Contemporary Christian / When You Are Near
3) Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing / Keith Urban / Country / Stupid Boy
4) The Chronicles of Narnia: LWW / Harry Gregson-Williams /Film Score / The Battle
5) Comatose* / Skillet / Hard Rock, Christian / Better Than Drugs
6) End of Grey* / Decyfer Down / Hard Rock, Christian / Here To You
7) Hearts of the Innocent* / Kutless / Hard Rock, Christian / Winds of Change
8) Learning To Lose* / The Turning / Contemporary Christian / Escape
9) Music Inspired by Narnia /Various /Contemporary Christian /Turkish Delight
10) The Open Door* / Evanescence / Rock / Good Enough
11) Scars Remain / Disciple / Hard Rock, Christian / Dive
12) Well Meaning Fiction* / Mainstay / Contemporary Christian /Yesterday
13) Move Along / The All-American Rejects / Rock / Move Along
14) Phobia / Breaking Benjamin / Hard Rock / You
15) Over The Rooftops / Sevenglory / Contemporary Christian / Waiting For You
16) Exit Lights / Falling Up / Christian Rock / Fearless
17) End of the Spear / Ronald Owen / Film Score / River Requiem
18) The Da Vinci Code / Hanz Zimmer / Film Score / Chevaliers de Sangreal
19) Me And My Gang / Rascal Flatts / Country / Backwards
20) Good Monsters / Jars of Clay / Christian Rock / Surprise

There we have it. Some of my personal choices for some of the better albums that I have listened to during the course of this year. Check some of them out if you feel like you're in the need for some new music.

And in continuing yesterday's newly started game that will last for the next several posts (and depending how often I get around to it during the Christmas holiday, possibly next month), here are a few more of those mind-benders to get your brains thinking. I think they'll pose a little more of a challenge today...they certainly did for me. Except maybe the first one. As a note, the letters in parenthesis are designed to assist you in figuring out the meaning of the letters. For instance, should I put 65 is the S L (in A), you would write 65 is the Speed Limit ( in Arkansas). I know, bad example, but it gets the point across.

6) 39 B of the O T
7) 5 T on a F
8) 52 C in a P (W J)
9) 3 B M (S H T R)
10) 32 is the T in D F at which W F

Good luck!

3 comments:

Luke Dockery said...

6. 39 books of the old testament
7. 5 toes on a foot (is that right?)
8. I immediately thought "52 cards in a deck (without jokers)", but I dunno what the "P" would be. So I'm stumped.
9. 3 blind mice (see how they run)
10. 32 is the temperature in degrees fahrenheit at which water freezes

Sam Travaglini said...

Luke, you are correct for 7). For 8, there is another common word used for a deck of cards. It should come to you.

Luke Dockery said...

"Pack." Dang.